~ advertisement ~
When life gives you lemons, make the Ultimate Lemon Cake To Die For! Lemon cake, for many, is the essence of summer, a bite of sunshine, and a tribute to all things sweet and tart. This recipe is more than just another lemon cake; it’s a celebration of the humble lemon’s capacity to elevate a dessert from good to utterly unforgettable. From the aroma that fills your kitchen during its baking to the tangy sweetness that tantalizes your taste buds, every element of this cake is a testament to perfection. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or trying your hand at baking for the first time, this cake promises to deliver results that are not only delicious but also deeply satisfying. Let’s embark on this culinary journey, where citrus meets sweetness, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on the palate. Get ready to discover what makes this cake truly “to die for”!
~ advertisement ~
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- ⅔ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted and melted
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Pinch of lemon zest
How To Make Lemon Cake To Die For
- Preheat the oven to 350* and grease a 9×13 baking pan
- Combine the cake mix, pudding, oil, water, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and mix together, just until combined
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, test with a toothpick
- Set on wire rack to cool slightly
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, whipping cream and butter. Add more of the lemon juice until desired thickness
- Pour the glaze over the still warm cake.
- Let harden slightly before serving.