~ advertisement ~
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are thinly sliced steak and perfectly cooked peppers and onions smothered in Provolone cheese on a soft slider bun. It’s the perfect football party food for feeding a hungry crowd on game day!
Our Philly Cheesesteak Sliders were our first slider recipe on HMI and they remain the reigning champion followed closely by our Copycat Big Mac Sliders and Chicken Parmesan Sliders.
From the melted Provolone cheese to that delicious steak these Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are pure awesomeness! They’re also super easy to make for a party. Instead of making individual sandwiches all of the ingredients got together in a casserole dish or on a baking sheet and everything is baked together. Then the sandwiches are pulled apart when they are served.
~ advertisement ~
- 12 Slider rolls
- 1 pound Thinly sliced steak
- 1 Green pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Onion, finely diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Separate the tops and bottoms of your rolls and place the bottoms in an 11″ x 7″ baking dish or on a baking sheet.
- Cook the steak meat in a skillet, adding salt and pepper to taste. When done cooking set aside.
- Saute the pepper and onions until they are tender.
- Prep the bread by spreading a thin layer of mayo on the tops and bottoms of the rolls.
- When the meat, onions and peppers have finished cooking spread the steak, then peppers, and onions evenly over the bottom pieces of bread in the baking dish.
- Place a layer of provolone cheese over the peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter and 1 tablespoon of finely diced raw onions.
- Place the top pieces of bread on top of the cheese and then brush the tops of the bread with the butter mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Cut and serve.